The Studio: Enjoy It Ladies!!!

The Studio

where being comes before doing

ON HER BALLET TRAINING: Krissy started training at the age of 19 to the amusement of friends and to the horror of her parents. She is a Level C student at the Turning Pointe School of Ballet and dances under the tutelage of former soloist of the Philippine Ballet Theater, Ms. Mylene Saldana. Krissy joined the school in August 2004 but went on a leave of absence in January 2005 to attend to her academics. Krissy resumed attendance in July 2005 and is now doing pointe work. She treats each class as another chance to look less like a delusional klutz and more like a ballerina. She hates left turns and pique en arabesques.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Enjoy It Ladies!!!

Okay, my legs are trembling from six sets of eleves and two sets of releves. I'm taking this thing seriously because my ankles are so weak.

Last Saturday, Ms. Mye started training us to do clean single pirouettes and attempt doubles. I went red in the face trying so hard and the other ladies were grunting and all. Good thing Ms. Mye says, "Ladies, I want you to enjoy pirouettes and not be terrified about attacking them. You'll get there in time." Man, she nevers fails to encourage.

About my pirouettes, I can so singles but they're rarely clean plus I'm slow on the spotting so after about six sets of singles I'm slightly tipsy. I'm cheating on the attempts to double as I start hopping to get me turning.

We have new barre work this year and it's good stuff. We have faster combinations and more strength training for the ankles. I can balance on first and second demi-pointe so that's another thing to celebrate.

Okay, just a quick update. G2G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home